Why train at Freedom with Food?Many professionals, despite their skills and experience, can feel daunted by working with Eating Disorders and other eating and body image issues. And practitioners working in the field may not have the time to keep up with relevant and helpful emerging research. So if you're working with people with these issues, you'll know the value of specialist knowledge for navigating this territory successfully.
Through quality training, you'll be able to support your clients more effectively through the process of making changes.
What's on offer?Freedom with Food offers training and consultation for professionals working with clients who have eating disorders, or other eating and body image issues. Some are online, others in person in Aotearoa New Zealand. All training is based on the latest research as well as clinical experience.
Most training events are designed to be appropriate for every level: those new to these issues, as well as those wanting to refresh, update, or extend their knowledge (see details of forthcoming events for any exceptions). A range of formats are available, including presentations, workshops, and longer courses. In-house events can also be designed, to meet the training needs of your team.
The next open access event will be an online training session. To be kept informed when new courses become available, just send us an email.
Training events in 2021 include:-
- Eating issues: the fundamentals
- Eating disorders, and other eating and body image issues: an introduction
- Restricting: working with clients who restrict their food intake (including those with Anorexia Nervosa and Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder)
- 'Purging': working with clients who use compensatory strategies (including those with Bulimia Nervosa)
- Binge-eating: working with clients who eat compulsively (including those with Binge-Eating Disorder)
- Working with female clients with body image issues
For more information or to book a place, you are invited to make contact.
To stay informed about other forthcoming courses you are invited to sign up for email updates.
Who is it for?Freedom with Food training services are available for:-
- Mental health professionals, including counsellors, clinical psychologists, psychotherapists, social workers, mental health nurses, art therapists, music therapists
- Other health professionals, including nurses, doctors, dieticians, physiotherapists
- Professionals in other relevant disciplines, such as occupational therapists, complementary health practitioners, and others
- Multidisciplinary teams